1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strange link on Oklahoman site

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Glad to see our little backdoor friend found a job, though.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

There's some fun things you can do with URL's. With the Saxotech system for instance, you can make any page refresh without logging into the system. All you have to do is type in a special code in the URL.

Even if you have a page and its not supposed to go live, one with the right amount of knowledge in that system can refresh that page just by typing in the refresh code. Right now we at my shop we have pages that aren't live. Nobody knows they are there, but if you type the right sequence in your browser, they will show up.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I want to talk about this article. Three-fourths of this is inaccurate. It’s fiction and this article embarrasses me to be involved with athletics tremendously. That article had to have been written by a person that doesn’t have a child with bad hair and has never had a child that’s had their heart broken and come home upset! And had to deal with the child when he is upset! And kick a person when her hair is down!

Here’s all that kid did! She goes to class. She is respectful to the media! She’s respectful to the public! And she’s a good kid, and she’s not a professional athlete and she doesn’t deserve to be kicked when her hair is all frizzy.

If you have a child someday, you’ll understand how it feels. But you obviously don’t have a child. I do. If your child goes down the street and somebody makes fun of her because her perm didn't take, or says she has extensions, and she comes home crying to her mom, you’d understand. But you haven’t had that.

Someday you will and when your child comes home, you’ll understand. If you want to go after an athlete — one of my athletes — you go after one who doesn’t do the right things! You don’t downgrade her because she does everything right and may not have naturally curly hair! And you let us make that decision!

That’s why I don’t read the newspaper! Because it’s garbage! And the editor who let it come out is garbage! Attacking an amateur athlete doing everything right! And then you want to write articles about girls who don’t do things right and downgrade them, the ones that do make plays.

Are you kidding me? Where are we at in society today? Come after me! I’m a man! I’m 40! I’m not a kid! Write something about my hair! Or the coaches. Don’t write a kid that does everything right, that’s heart is broken, and then say the coaches say she has a bad dye job! That ain’t true! And then to say that we made that decision because her hairdresser, because he threatened to transfer! That’s not true!

So get your facts straight! And I hope someday you have a child and somebody downgrades them and belittles them and you have to look them in the eye and say, “You know what? It’s OK. They are supposed to be mature adults but they’re really not.” Who’s the kid here? Who’s the kid here? Are you kidding me? That’s all I’ve got to say. It makes me want to puke.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Awesome.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You only cover us when we have bad hair!

7. BillBootz

BillBootz New Member

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted