1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Strange athlete endorsements

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Jun 10, 2020.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If only I could find on YT the vintage Rodman Ford (on Route 1 south of Boston) spot with regular spokesman Larry Bird and, shall we say, a very special guest from Detroit who had scuffled with Larry in the playoffs a few weeks before.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't know about endorsements, but is was cool to see MJ's boat - Catch 23 - score this week at Big Rock.

[​IMG]

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Page 2. Catch up, son.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That’s a good one.

As much as we always think of Sheppard as a Yankees PA announcer, he also did the football Giants for many decades.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It would have been worth it just to be the guinea pig on that boat for all the gear you would have got.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Pony had top guys in several sports -- Dawkins, Reggie, Earl Campbell, Larry Holmes.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Out of nowhere, Nancy Kerrigan is doing a radio ad in Boston more than 20 years after anybody cared. It's for some COVID related issue and it sounds like she called in on a phone to record it.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

40 seconds in

it’s magnificent.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

ALL of the commercials in this are magnificent!

playthrough likes this.
  11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That's a great name for his boat.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I always thought it odd that the good Christian QB would be a sponsor for what was so obviously a pyramid scheme. A guy who worked at the gym I go to tried years ago to recruit me to sell that stuff and, after sitting through his pitch, I said, "Isn't this just a pyramid scheme?" and he said, "No, no, not at all. It's a sales matrix," as he literally diagrammed a pyramid. Fuck that company.

AdvoCare, endorsed by quarterback Drew Brees, to pay $150 million to settle pyramid scheme charges

Draft saved Draft deleted