1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Straight-Talkin' Maverick Guy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Apr 8, 2008.

1. We had "douchenozzlery" over on the Pulizers thread on the J-Board.
    I love this town!

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Personally I prefer "doucherocket"

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Yawn.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Fen, would you respect him more if he had the courage to do all his straight talkin' behind an anonymous Internet user name?

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

You've got a better chance of seeing a thread about me having sex with Eva Longoria on the same night I poured in 37 for the Spurs. In other words, you're going to be waiting awhile.

And he got Shiite and Sunni mixed up -- again -- while "questioning" Petraeus today.

6. I don't respect anyone who calls their wife that in public in front of strangers.
    Call me old-fashioned.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Oh my god, though! The guy who wrote the book is a wingnut. Self-proclaimed democratic strategist, blogger and attention-whore who says outrageous things to get himself on News channels. Forget the book. Forget whether McCain is a giant dick.

WINGNUTS!!!!!!! Must. Shout. Book. Down. At. All. Costs.

8. No.
    There is a difference between depictions of events -- which are either true or false -- and industry/ideologically bankrolled opinions. You will note that Schecter got his facts, which differ from opinions, as you may one day notice, from three uninvolved witnesses to the events in question. None of them, as far as we can tell, has any pecuniary or ideological reason to make up this story. (Nobody's paying them to make it up, is what I mean there.) The opinion based on the events described is mine. I freely admit I have no use for the putative Republican nominee and will make as much sport of him as I can.
    This differs a great deal from scientists -- or, in you case, economists -- who take money from industries or think-tanks that is completely dependent upon their churning out the data those industries and think-tanks demand.
    Thank you for your time.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yes, there is ALWAYS a difference.

My pleasure. Appreciate your time, as well, as always.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Is his paycheck part of his anatomy? Because I'd be taking half of that motherfucker.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Thank you. I'll be around all week. ;D

I'm still listening to the liberal media carp about Ed Schultz and Rev. Wright.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You identify with... the c-word? (BTW... don't edit my goddamned posts.... nuke them if your fairy sensibilities can't handle the direct quoting of a word used by a guy favored by more than a few to be the next president).

Draft saved Draft deleted