1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Straight Talk Phone Plan

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by littlehurt98, Jul 17, 2011.

1. littlehurt98

littlehurt98 Member

My cell phone contract is due up very soon and as much as I love my blackberry the 100-plus dollars a month I pay for it is a bit much. I've done some research on this Straight Talk plan that is sold at Wal-Mart. You can get unlimited minutes, text and data for 45 dollars a month. And you can buy a smartphone, but I think its a nokia e71. Still I'd be willing to switch for the price possibly.

Just curious if anyone actually has this plan and I was wondering how good it is. Do you get a lot of dropped calls or any problems otherwise.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

http://www.straighttalkreviews.net/

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I have a Straight Talk phone, and I think it's a great, great deal. I never have dropped calls, all my texts go through, and it's a really simple plan. Having said that, I never use the phone beyond calls and texts. I bring my iPad with me everywhere and use that for all browsing, emailing, etc..., so I can't speak to the smartphone features. Also, customer service is a nightmare. Just make it easy on yourself and select auto-refill each month so you never have to deal with the moron representatives. But if you're looking to save money on your monthly phone bill, Straight Talk plans are an excellent and easy alternative.

Draft saved Draft deleted