1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Straight is Great!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Mar 26, 2014.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...unless there's hate.

Inside a backfired PR stunt:

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-ra-catholic-league-gay-parade-stunt-20140324,0,1707289.story#axzz2x4R0VlDv

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I don't get it.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

As the great Paul Harvey once pointed out...

If we are all God's children, what would make people think He, our Father, is going to favor one child or group of children over the other?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

“These trainings address line-up times, check-in locations, our moment of silence, dispersal activity, NYPD safety policies, attire and vehicle/sound permits,” Studinski says. “It is imperative that group leaders know this information.”

How dare they try to shove their gay agenda down his throat like that!

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Let's lay this all out on the table:

-- This guy is mad because gay people complained about being banned from the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

-- Gay people fought, unsuccessfully, to change the rules so they'd be allowed to participate in the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

-- The ruling was that private parades are allowed to make and enforce their own rules, no matter how discriminatory.

-- Gay people allow this guy to participate in a Pride Day parade, for blatant attention-whoring reasons, if he abides by rules they made and enforce, which are in no way discriminatory.

-- All of the above = War on Catholics™.

Do I have all that correct?

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That's an awfully silly argument, no? It's not about favoring a group but if God has expectations and demands about the way we act, wouldn't it make sense that he would have an interest in whether we listen? I have kids, and I have no favorites but I certainly care whether on not they follow my rules.

7. 93Devil

Where are these rules written? Everyone follows the same rule book? Who wrote the rules?

8. 93Devil

http://members.shaw.ca/athomas125/letter.htm

The text of what he said. I like this more than anything I have heard or read about religion or God. It also makes the most sense to me.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

No one is saying you need to bind yourself by them, but you seem to be arguing that others are somehow inconsistent or irrational when they aren't. They believe that God wrote the rules. You don't? OK, but that's not a winning argument.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Because quite a few of us grew up with the knowledge that our parents did in fact have favourite children, and children they more or less tolerated, and children they just couldn't stand.

It's only natural that people who grew up like that would, consciously or not, apply the same twisted logic to society.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You have told your kids your rules. You do not tell other children to obey your rules.
    You have your belief that G-d has certain expectations and demands on the way you act. G-d has provided me with a different set.

BTW, G-d told me to tell you that you are wrong and he's pissed.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Amen.

Draft saved Draft deleted