1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Story ideas

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by YoungGun7, Oct 5, 2007.

1. YoungGun7

YoungGun7 New Member

Hey guys,

I'm thinnking of doing the old piece of the relationship between a quarterback and center.

Have any of you done a similar story? How did it go? any ideas?

2. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Do they or have they dated the same girl? Were they once bitter enemies but are now life-long buddies? Do they play in a grunge band together? Is there a rivalry between the long snapper and the regular center if they're different players?
    You gotta find something original, new and different or else as you say it's an "old" piece done to death.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

At first, the center was uncomfortable with another man sticking his hands between his legs. But now he's cool with it.

4. boots

boots New Member

Most centers like bending over.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Member

Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

6. chazp

chazp Active Member

I did this story for a football tab about six or seven years back. One angle I used was the center called the blocking assignments for the line, so he's the "quarterback" of the offensive line. Concentrate on how they work together with the snap count, the shotgun snap, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted