1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Storm: a genderless baby

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Care Bear, May 24, 2011.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Unless your playground is really into tag ...

2. baskethead

baskethead Member

Most of this has been said, but why can't you just let your kid be a gender and have them be an open-minded, complete person? We didn't find out what our baby would be until he came out, for many reasons, one being we didn't want to get flooded with the same bullshit blue or pink crap. If he wants to wear pink, what the hell do I care? If he wants to do ballet, great, whatever. It is possible to allow your child to be a complete person without making it a huge publicity stunt. My son does, now and then, say, "That's a girls thing" or whatever. We tell him the commercial shows girls playing with it, but if it looks like something you'd like to play with, go for it. This story sounds more to me like a couple parents who want their 15 minutes more than anything else.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have no problem with this ... as long as "committing to one gender" would it's a boy at 2 months if he pees all over the wall as soon as you take his diaper off or a girl if she doesn't.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

William Wants a Doll

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

More on this shitshow.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/996559--the-great-genderless-baby-debate?bn=1

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

And they're Canadian! I think Ike Broflovski needs to have an epiphany about his gender at some point.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Does this woman actually believe what she's writing? She does understand that we can make choices, right? That free will exists?

http://www.parentcentral.ca/parent/newsfeatures/columnsandblogs/article/996391--mallick-parents-of-genderless-baby-are-giving-their-children-headstart-at-independence

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Laughed out the door on the way to the mailbox about that one.

(Looks like a boy to me.)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

There are few things you could do to purposely fuck up a child from Day 1 than what these idiots are doing. Boy or girl, this child is in for a therapy-driven, unanswered question-filled life of misery and doubt thanks to its loving parents.

Draft saved Draft deleted