1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Storm: a genderless baby

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Care Bear, May 24, 2011.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

This is a fascinating story. A couple in Canada is determined to raise their baby, Storm, as genderless until he/she commits to one gender or another, genitalia be damned. A few select people know of Storm's sex, but they have been asked to keep this information a secret. Horrible social experiment or a sign of progress? Or none of our business?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

On the bright side, Care Bear, you guys can be the first couple in America to do this!
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I swear we discussed a very similar story about a year or two ago here.
  4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Oops, did we? I don't recall.
  5. JR

JR Active Member

This was the front page story on last Saturday's Toronto Star. Most reaction has been decidedly negative. Weird to make your child a sociology experiment .
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not this case obviously, but it sounds very familiar and I'm sure I remember it from here.

I can't remember what country the family was from. Somewhere in Europe maybe.
  7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I don't like the fact that the parents are asking their other young children to keep this secret -- but so much else is wrong with this story, I'm not sure where to begin.
  8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I vehemently disagree.
  9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I was afraid this was about Hannah Storm.
  10. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Storm is obviously a girl's name anyway.
  11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Seriously, you need a fucking license to ride a scooter, but any moron can call themselves a parent.

Humans are, by definition, a specific gender. 'Oh, that's a penis, but it doesn't DEFINE you.' Yes dear, it does. It makes you a male. You can be a male who likes pink and does ballet dances in a Little Mermaid costume, but you're still a male.

The stupid parent: "What we noticed is that parents make so many choices for their children. It’s obnoxious."

Really? I thought the child's genetic makeup pretty much constitutes the gender.

Fucking morons.
  12. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I had some stuff to say, but you pretty much said it.
    I hope this poor kid isn't as damaged by these dipshits as we fear he or she will be.
Draft saved Draft deleted