1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stories you can't do

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stitch, Jul 8, 2009.

1. The proliferation of same-sex coaching couples (on the same team) that came with the hiring of a gay AD at a high-profile school. But I'm gonna work on that one.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gannett layoffs at a Gannett paper

3. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Or the proliferation of gay coaches at a local high school when it had a gay AD ... and how, after the gay AD was relieved of her duties, every single gay coach was gone within a year.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Pretty fucking stupid on his part.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Maybe somebody wrote it on the teleprompter [/ronburgundy]

6. Gold

Gold Active Member

Not necessarily so. I recall an investigative dealer about a car dealer who was selling new cars with rebuilt motors and a whole bunch of other things.

I was covering a city council meeting where they were talking about building an auto mall because the dealers needed more space. Two dealers came up to me and when they found out what paper I wrote for, told me the article (I didn't have anything to do with it) was great and the story needed to be told. This was in the 1980s, and one dealer told me, "I can compete with prices with are $200 or $300 lower than mine (on a midsize car costing $9,000), but I can't compete with someone selling it for almost $700 or $800 less when he (the crooked dealer) is selling refurbished engines as new."

Draft saved Draft deleted