1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stories and Confessions from the SJ Penalty Box

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

For those who do get sent to the box, how do you find out? Do the mods send you a pic of the Soup Nazi with a line of "No posts for you!"

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how they find out, but I am sure they get a little butthurt in the process. "oops,noprisonrapejokesallowed

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Long time ago, I received a stern but fair warning from one of the mods (can't remember which one) that I was inching closer to the box. It was because of something I wrote on one of the JDV threads, back when those were the hotness around here. The mod was absolutely right in knocking me down a peg or two, as I was much younger and trying way too hard, but I still think what I said was accurate.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I think no matter the age, we all have room to mature the longer we participate on message boards.

(Well, there may be no hope for a FEW of us, so don't hold your breath for a few particular assholes.)

Anyway, that is partly why I started this thread. To see lessons learned. To see that the ignorant masses are capable of learning as they are whipped into shape by the evil overlords, I mean, friendly and well-meaning moderators.

I was also concerned that starting this thread might get the thread quickly deleted and me immediately put in the Box. I am so happy to see that SJ is not a thought control society like, say, North Korea.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

francis.jpg

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think I may have ended up in the box once, but I have no memory of why, nor any lessons I may have learned from it. So basically it had no effect. Suck it, Mods! :D

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted