1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stories and Confessions from the SJ Penalty Box

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

OK. I want to start a different type of thread. One of lessons learned from being in the SJ doghouse. Reform school. Advice to others based on your time in the Cooler.

Personally, I haven't been there (yet). I'm sure I've come close. Not trying to piss off the mods. I am here for fun and usually don't mix it up and get personal. I rarely post any comments bordering on politics or anything controversial, but have done so a bit more lately. I think the Canadians hate me. And I'm still not sure why IJAG blasted me in her last ever post, but I praise what she did with the Secret Santa program, and copperpot's continuance of it last year. I do hope Secret Santa is orchestrated by someone this year. But I digress....

Anyway, my transgressions were posting an offensive picture, and talking about my dick.

I'd like to know more about the SJ Penalty Box and what you learned there. How long were you in? Could you still read posts, but just not post? (I assume so, cause you can always read without being logged in.). Were you banned from logging in?

And more importantly, what lessons did you learn?

For the record, I think Moddy hates me. But I don't know for sure. But yet I'd have a beer with him. And Jeff too if I ever get out to his area.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

It's the worst, Vombatus. You just sit here staring at Facebook all day and playing knock-offs of Tetris while all your friends are running around just outside the window. All you can do is stare longingly and think about why you are there. And you can't even beg to get done early. Just make sure you learn your lesson. You'll never want it to happen again.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I still think there should be side bar with who's in the box.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. Vombatus

HELL YES!!!!

6. Vombatus

And there should be that music: Gotta Keep 'Em Separated

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I took printdust out when I was banned, so it was worth it.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"... You do that, you go to the box, two minutes by yourself, you know, and you feel shame. And then you get free."

EmbassyRow, UPChip, Huggy and 4 others like this.
  9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

You're fine as long as you don't hurt the feelings of fragile posters.

JC, 3_Octave_Fart and Vombatus like this.
  10. I was reduced to tears. And I cried. and I cried.

I also signed up for Ashley Madison.

11. Vombatus

Have you ever seen Ashley Madison naked? There's something odd about her face, but the rest is a 6 and she sure has big uns. And, she can perform. I forgot what her site specialized in, but I vaguely remember the word "infidelity" was a big part of it. I guess this web date/sex matching service was just the latest incarnation that took things several steps further toward hell.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I miss DoubleJ

Draft saved Draft deleted