1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stop me if you've heard this one before......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Did you expect the leopard to change his spots?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Carolina chortles.

heyabbott likes this.
  5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Tarkanian gets a stiffy.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Larry Brown is a tremendous basketball coach. He's also one of the nicest people I have ever met.

But any college that hires him to run its basketball program expecting him to follow NCAA rules deserves everything it gets.

Liut and SpeedTchr like this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Once a cheat, always a cheat.
    He's been a proven cheater in 3 different decades.
    It's kind of sad really.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'll kick-start this side of the discussion -- I don't care about the NCAA rules as they pertain to basketball and so it naturally follows that I don't care who breaks them.

9. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Every analyst will call him a great basketball mind and coach with no mention of this in a couple years. Then Stephen A. Smith will go on an A.I. rant.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've long since given up on the idea that running afoul of NCAA regulations necessarily makes you a bad person.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah, the NCAA's always so focused on ticky-tack stuff. Arranging for a secretary to take an online class for a player so that player can be eligible? Who in his right mind would consider that to be a serious breach?

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

dq, I'll give you that the academic fraud stuff is worse than the garden-variety recruiting violations. But if any of that fraud mattered to the NCAA -- hell, if academics mattered to the NCAA -- three-quarters of Division I programs would be ineligible for the tournament.

FileNotFound likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted