1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stop me if you heard this. A bobcat walks into a bar...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Mar 26, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bobcat walks into Arizona bar, attacks patrons

ASSOCIATED PRESS • March 26, 2009

COTTONWOOD, Ariz. — A bobcat has attacked three people in the central Arizona community of Cottonwood, including two men who were bitten by the animal after it wandered inside a bar.

Officers called to the Chapparal Bar arrived to find the bobcat in the parking lot, where they shot and killed it.

Tests were ordered to determine if the animal was rabid. It wasn’t clear how seriously the victims had been wounded.

Cottonwood police say the animal attacked Monday when it scratched a woman who thought she had hit it with her car. Then police got a report of a bobcat acting aggressively toward a woman outside a Pizza Hut.

About 11 p.m. came the call from the bar that a bobcat was inside as patrons climbed atop bar stools to get away.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This is why you really shouldn't let Ohio students leave campus.

3. Excuses for being in a bar that your spouse will never believe, Chapter XVIII

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Are we sure it wasn't a Cougar?

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It must have been early, beacuse usually the bars are empty in Arizona after the first round [of the NCAAs].

Thank you.

I will be here all week with shows at 7 and 10.

6. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Would Stan act this way? I think not.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Boooooo.

:D

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

So... are you saying that it would be a bad time to use this as an excuse this Saturday?

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Naw, Stan would knock over all the wine glasses, then go find a chair, preferably with a human in it, curl up and sleep. Pays to still have a tail, I guess :D

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Boooooo.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If this story were dated, say, six days from now, I'd have to call a Sidd Finch on it.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Bobcats wouldn't pull this shit if they thought there was a chance someone was packing heat...

Draft saved Draft deleted