1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stoney's He-Man Steeler Haters NFL Playoff Thread ... No Yinzers allowed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 29, 2014.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If anything the networks would want Suh suspended hoping the Cowboys move on.

FileNotFound likes this.
  2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

There's probably an element of truth to that since they're probably beating off over a possible Packers-Cowboys matchup at Lambeau. We'll be beaten over the head with Ice Bowl memories.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't get this.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

If things go as expected this weekend, I would not be surprised to see the Broncos and Packers both upset in the divisional round.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't get it, either. The Steelers are the biggest threat, but as a Patriots fan, Rhody is rooting for them to win because he is afraid of the Ravens? Wouldn't than mean the Ravens are the larger threat?

Maybe he means that the Steelers look like the better team overall, but the Ravens present more problems for the Patriots. That would actually make sense. If Bell is playing, I do think the Steelers are the better team, but I don't see them being able to beat the Patriots. Baltimore matches up better with New England due to its superior pass rush.

6. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

OOP, I don't get it. I know the Patriots are better than the Ravens across the board. I know that most of the players who played on the Baltimore teams that won playoff games in Foxboro aren't on the team. Logically, it would be Pats in a landslide.
    But if the Ravens win this weekend, I'm going to be nervous all week.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am having a hard time getting out of my head that stinker of a game the Ravens had in Houston a couple weeks ago.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Not to mention they barely squeaked by the Jaguars the week prior. And had to rally past the Browns last week. Definitely not a team that appears to have the right momentum for a post-season run

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's exactly what the thought on the 2012 Ravens was when they lost four of their last five.

Harbaugh's Ravens have made the playoffs five times and have never been knocked out in their first game.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Exactly. I think the "momentum" factor gets overblown. The post-season's like an entirely new season. As long as its key players are healthy (which is probably the most important factor heading into post season), fading teams can reverse course in the blink of an eye at playoff time.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think that means we get to start touting Flacco as one of the best ever!

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The Ravens are the worst possible matchup for the Steelers. But given the respective secondaries, this latest playoff matchup should actually be fun to watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted