1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stone Temple Pilots return

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by melock, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Come on, Axl . . .swallow your pride and make the call.

Would be the biggest reunion tour ever, unless Zeppelin pulls it off.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

G-n-R would be the biggest real reunion.

Sorry but unless John Bonham is exhumed and starts pounding the skins, three-quarters of Led Zep and Jason Bonham does not count as a real reunion.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Very true, BYH.

But would Steven Adler be neccesary for GNR?

Izzy isn't anti-Axl; he guested on some tunes at the "Axl and a bunch of schleps" show I saw a year ago. Slash looking for work, Duff . . .

Shit, now I'm anticipating something that isn't going to happen. But I never thought the Police or Van halen would get back together either . . . . .

4. We all know a GNR reunion tour is coming soon. Right after they finish Chinese Democracy.....

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Actually, Izzy hated Axl for years, but just became friends with him again in recent years. Same with Adler.

I guess they could get by with Sorum on drums, but if they wanted a "real" reunion, they'd get Adler. They could do it with two drummers like Lynyrd Skynyrd did in some of their reunion shows.

Axl would be the tough one to get, obviously. He apparently did a good job of saving his money (partly by screwing the rest of the band out of rights to the band's name and residual rights when they broke up) and has no financial need to do a reunion tour.

If you got Axl, all you'd have to do is wave enough dollars in front of the rest of the guys, and they'd come running.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good point on Adler. He's even more fucked up than Weiland, though.

My guess is he would not be part of any G-n-R reunion.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

How anybody could rely on Axl Rose for anything at this point is beyond me. He's beyond notorious for his petulance at the mere thought of showing up for a simple concert.

8. Piotr Rasputin

When Guns 'n' Roses was in their heyday, Axl was a real bastard as far as when he decided to show up, and if he would feel like finishing the show that night.

Whn he got a band together four-five years ago and tried to tour, they got good crowds in arenas, including Madison Square garden. But his old idiocy about showing up when he pleased killed the tour when he failed to show up in Philly, and the ensuing trouble got the whole tour canceled.

Two years ago, they toured concert halls like Universal Amphitheatre, and he seemingly had learned his lesso, as he showed up on time more often than not. AT least, he was a lot less late. On that tour, it was like he knew this was the last shot at relevance, and he and the band performed accordingly.

There are no guarantees that he wouldn't revert on a GNR reunion tour, since he would again have carte blanche to do as he pleased. But I am cautiously optimistic.

9. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Three Doors Down is performing at this event?

For Jay Barker's sake, I hope his fiancee Sara Evans is nowhere near Columbus, Ohio, that weekend.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I heard that everyone gets a free Dr Pepper whenever Chinese Democracy is released.

Draft saved Draft deleted