1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stone placed in memory of Va. Tech killer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Apr 26, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Everybody is a victim, just ask Fenian_bastard, Sportschick and the rest of the bed-wetters on these threads.....

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

http://www.timesdispatch.com/cva/ric/news/vatechshootings.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2007-04-26-0067.html

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I find Cho's actions as sickening as anyone else here does. But I've got no problem with this young women's actions.

I wouldn't necessarily do the same thing, but she's trying to be compassionate in her own way.

4. BillySixty

BillySixty Member

I don't think anyone is going to need a 33rd stone to remember Cho.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

WWJD?

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

She's being more hurtful than compassionate.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

WWJDVD?

8. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

screw that.

How about a statue in Florida for Ted Bundy?

How about naming a kiddie park after John Wayne Gacy?

WTF.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

No compassion whatsoever for the sad sack loser, not even after the psychoemotional lacerations from 12 years of Catholic schooling. We were taught we were going to the deep down yonder for making an amusement park of our bodies, this fuckwad doesn't even get on the elevator, in my mind.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm not normally someone who rips for perceived grandstanding and I'm generally in the wing of forgiving some things others feel is unforgivable.

But this girl is grandstanding ... why not just leave the stone anonymously instead of writing a letter to the editor about it?

And the graph about having other stones ready if her original disappears? If you weren't grandstanding, why would you go through the trouble? Wouldn't you know in your heart that your one stone fulfilled your moral obligation, even if it did disappear? I'm calling uber-bullshit on this stunt.

And as Simon noted, it's too soon ... just 10 days after the shootings. I'm sure very few families who lost loved ones are ready to forgive, if they ever are.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Bubbler, I see your point but disagree on the grandstanding a bit. The "who" was a big mystery at VT. School didn't do it (or remove it, it made clear). The group that put the other 32 out there didn't do it. Who? Everyone was asking who? She didn't respond until it had been asked a whole, whole lot. I did, and here's why.

I wouldn't put it out there. I don't have a problem with it being there.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What if Cho's sister or parents put the stone there? Would some of you feel differently?

Draft saved Draft deleted