1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stolen Valor - a crime or free speech?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 12, 2011.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well, the last guy who tried that is sitting in the White House so they don't get weeded out that quick.

2. That would suit me just fine.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

It's probably OK that it wasn't made into law that way the web site keeps outing these fucks, along with photos, names and addresses.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Not at all surprising.

5. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

Even if I weren't in the Army, I'd think it was a disservice to those who have and are currently serving to go around claiming you're a veteran or that you got this or that award. To me, it's no different than fraud. Just my opinion.....

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I don't thnk anyone woud argue it's acceptable to lie about military service. There is a difference being lying and fraud in legal circles.

7. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

I can see what you mean. But I do think there needs to be some sort of punishment.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

There are plenty of ways to punish someone in society without needing the court system involved.

Should a guy be thrown n jail for telling lies on a date to get a girl to sleep with him? Should a 6 be put in jail for trying to make herself a 9?

Draft saved Draft deleted