1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stinkin' McDonald's!!! Stinkin' K--z B-p!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Apr 28, 2009.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I cannot even bring myself to write the actual title out of sheer embarrassment (for reasons I don't quite understand myself), but my son, my 6-year-old son, practically B-E-G-G-E-D me to take him to McD's for dinner tonight. He had to fight me on it for a bit, but I gave in.

He gets the predictable Happy Meal, but the gift this time is a CD sampler, of 5 songs featured on the popular but annoying-to-me series of popular songs performed, annoyingly so, by kids. So we get home, and for dessert, Little Man takes the last of the cherries in a bowl into his room and shut his door.

He's quiet in there and his TV's not on. I peek my head inside and he's sitting on his bed, listening to the CD, apparently replaying the first song over and over trying to learn the words. He's bouncing around and suddenly he turns my way.

"DAAA-DDYYYY!"

That's it. That's the first time. It's that voice pleadingly saying "Please, father, get out of my room this instant because I'm now, and in the future, probably doing something incredibly and increasingly embarrassing -- like trying to hide a tat, or looking at a girlie mag, or attempting to take a drag while leaning up against the screen, hoping to God you can't smell it -- and I really want you to KNOCK before entering from this moment forward."

All that in one long, drawn-out word.

Uhm...I really should be reading up on what it's like to raise a kid his age. For him and for me.

2. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I'm guessing you really aren't wanting advice or information on this from big sister. Especially since it's mostly along the lines of: "This is one of many of these 'Oh Shit" moments you have to look forward to in the future."

There is a part of me that is laughing inside, but only because I have been there and done that. The other part of me wants to reach out and help. Unfortunately, I don't believe there is any book that can prepare you for these types of revelations as you watch your child grow.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My friend had her six-year-old son tell her a couple weeks ago he wouldn't kiss her goodnight any more because he didn't want to "make out" with his mom.

It's coming, Alley. Just roll with it.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Tell him if he won't kiss his mom, I'll be happy to make out with her, IJAG.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're not her type.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's how it starts, you know...
    Today, k--s b-p.
    Tomorrow, show tunes.
    Day after that, show tunes looking like a cross between axl rose and Liza Minnelli [/crossthreading], not that there's anything wrong with that.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I was never as proud of my step daughter as I was the day when she told me that K--z B-p sucked.

What a great kid. She never took a liking to Barney, either. THANK. GOD.

And she only had a brief fling with the Teletubbies.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Tinky-Winky?

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I didn't think anyone's daughter would have a fling with the Tele-tubbies

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

My soon-to-be 4-year old niece told me Sunday she can give me goodbye hugs but she can't kiss me because I'm a boy.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You do have cooties, you know.

Draft saved Draft deleted