1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stimulus

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

'H&R Block? Come on. I mean I don't even know what they do.'

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I did my taxes tonight. That line is there, but it's nothing to worry about if you make less than $75,000 per year (which I think is most of us, but maybe I've grossly underestimated the average income of SportsJournalists.com members).

I did the 20-line worksheet and came up with zero as my final answer, which means it didn't affect me.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't even know if the post still lives, but when I moved to Va. five years ago, I went to H&R Block because I had two states and moving costs and everything else and it was more than I could handle. All I know is I took my stuff in, they asked if I had the W-2s, I said "that's teh thing in your hand that says "W-2" on it, and they had to spend four minutes looking at it to determine it was.

I should have walked out.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, you probably got the newb who had just graduated their tax class. I'm blessed that my mother is still remembered and loved by those that worked under her at H&R Block and when I moved back in Nov. 2007, I was lucky enough that someone recognized me as well and grabbed me up to prevent me from getting the newb treatment.

But if I was you, yeah, I would be jaded against them as well. That's just inexcusable.

Draft saved Draft deleted