1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

STILL not ready to drink the Obama Kool-Aid

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Feb 28, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Re: I'm not ready to drink the Obama Kool-Aid

I much prefer the JJ speech and a bunch of others to the 2004 keynote. But it did make a lot of folks sit up and take notice.

Oh, and yab?

Full economic policy stuff is right here:

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/EconomicPolicyFullPlan.pdf

This is the short version. The full white papers are available, too, and I'll be happy to show you how to find them.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't think I've drank the Kool-Aid. Gratefruit Crystal Light, yes. Kool-Aid, no.

Here's why I like Obama ...

He's closer to my age than any of the candidates. It's time for younger generations to start fixing all the mistakes the Baby Boomers have made over the years.

Rightly or wrongly, I see POTUS as largely a figurehead position. I believe Congress affects my life more than the President ever will. So why not have a dynamic speaker who can inspire people as POTUS?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am hoping that Obama will repeal all the no smoking laws under executive order so that I can smoke my cigars wherever I want.

5. Re: I'm not ready to drink the Obama Kool-Aid

Go smoke your cigars in god's good fresh air.
    I can recommend rooftops in Seattle overlooking Puget Sound.
    It will do you good.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Style
    Substance

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I used to kind of feel that way. But who sent us to Iraq? And the cost of that war is having a huge effect on the economy, our educational system, the energy markets-- everything.

------------

I never got a chance to post on your architect thread. ('Pologize for the 'jack.) I've been through one major home renovation and am about to start another. My philosophy is find the architect you like (somebody you're on the same page with artistically), let him draw the plans, then let him point you his 'buddy' contractors. Bid it out with his buddies and some of your own. We got a great deal on a contractor that way... plus, one day the contractors screwed something up-- a ceiling was supposed to be vaulted, and they had just framed a regular 9 ft. ceiling-- and the architect came and saw it, and ripped the contractor a new butthole. He played the heavy, and it was fine because the architect and contractor had a good relationship.

We stayed clean of it, and it got redone the right way-- no questions asked.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I've seen polls that have Obama and Clinton each trouncing crazy McCain.

9. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

But Zeke, it's soooo much easier to not do research and just spout off on how Obama doesn't have the specifics to back up his claims. Get with the program!

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Forgive me. I lost my head.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You know what all those policies are full of? WORDS!

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Just words?

Draft saved Draft deleted