1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still no love for Raymond

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jun 26, 2012.

1. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

But Howard did a great job as a DJ!

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'd still hit it.

3. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

From the article:

"This man believed that comedian Ray Romano's TV character -- the guy never seen writing a story or interviewing an athlete or watching a ballgame or getting a disruptive phone call from an editor -- is in fact a sports writer of the newspaper species."

The above quote got me to thinking (Yes, the warning shot has been fired). It got me thinking of the movie version of The Odd Couple. At least there, we saw Walter Matthau's version of Oscar Madison at Shea Stadium working (next to Haywood Hale Broun, no less) in the press box. We never saw Romano do squat.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Romano did a good job on "Men of a Certain Age."

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hell, I've always considered Jimmy more or less a regular anyway; they even focused an ep on him a couple seasons ago.

6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

This. A thousand times this.

Whenever it was on first-run and my wife could read my dirty thoughts when watching that show, she'd remind me about how she is supposedly addicted to plastic surgery and has had a ton of work done.

Doesn't bother me.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Which is surprising, because I think her character on "The Middle" is just the opposite.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Thank goodness the portrayals of police work on 'L&O: Criminal Minds' was always so accurate.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They definitely made her a bigger bitch in the later seasons. She also had a much bigger part than she did early on.
    That said, move next door to your inlaws and see what it does to you... :)

11. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Did they ever show PJ write anything on "My Boys"?
    I think it just comes down to show creators thinking "hey, that sounds like a cool job" without having any clue what the job is.
    Also as someone who worked in TV news for a long time it always pisses me off to see TV crews portrayed wrong on TV and in movies. No, you cannot just jump out of the truck and be live in a matter of seconds, and no, there probably won't be a dozen stations there to cover some nobody walking out of a courtroom.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Didn't she date a player on that show?

Draft saved Draft deleted