1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Still More Swill From ABC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Well, I don't accept your premise, so ...

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

My premise? WTF?

That might be the saddest reply EVER.

Just go away.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Shit, that's nothing. I fucked Eva, went to the arena, broke Wayne Gretzky's single-season AND career goals and points records, then nailed Maria Sharapova, Elin Nordgren AND Elin's identical twin sister.

Then I had Sophia Bush for a midnight snack. And breakfast the next morning. ;)

4. Not as long as assholes like yourself inhabit this board.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Says the guy who's OK with the fact that bin Laden really isn't a concern of the Shrub.

Pathetic.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

When your argument peters out, go ad hominem.

Classic tactic.

7. Now that's a rich full day. Did you not open the note from the Nobel committee until after Sophia left?
    Movie's a wholly owned bullshit subsidiary of the hard Right -- from Horowitz's money to the Dominionist director to Rush's pal who wrote it. If you don't believe that, ask yourself why the newspaper who revealed that OBL used satellite phones, thereby allegedly tipping him off, was changed in this script from the Washington Times, which actually ran the story, to the Washington Post.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Show me some evidence --- ANY evidence --- of Democrats "wanting" the Reagan miniseries to run unchanged. The miniseries WOULD have run unchanged on CBS had the "leftist" New York Times not obtained a script and pointed out the unfairness of the portrayal.

You can't just automatically draw parallels where no parallels exist.

9. Oh, yes, he can.
    Just watch.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Were I Karl Rove (shudder!), I'd have called Disney and demanded they pull the movie.
    The most fortunate break G.W. Bush has gotten in a break-filled life was the immediate national consensus that the 9/11 attacks represented a failure of ALL Americans. We all had our heads up our ass, Bush, Clinton, every institution, every individual. We let people take knives on airplanes!
    IMO, this consensus is the most true of any single explanation for the disaster of that day. It also allowed GW BUsh to be president of the Year Zero ever since. That's been rocky enough, God knows. The administration has more to lose than anyone from re-opening a partisan argument over who was to blame for 9/11.

11. They can rip Berger and Albright, and even Clinton, without serious consequence. However, I missed this. (Atta sent up the red flags on a US Airways flight from Portland to Boston that day.) And I guarantee you, somebody at Disney's writing AA a check as we speak.
    http://americablog.blogspot.com/2006/09/american-airlines-is-threatening-to.html

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The lefties I was dealing with on a political forum back then were writing to CBS and telling them to run it as it was. CBS eventually pulled it and put it on Showtime because of pressure from the right. I was involved in discussions with lefties wanting CBS not to change it. In the end, CBS didn't change it but also didn't run it, moving it over to Showtime. And there were a bunch on the left who were outraged. Don't know that I can "show you evidence" if you're going to purposefully forget what was all over the news back in 2003.

Now ABC has edited "The Path to 9/11" because of pressure from the left.

I'm here saying both sides have been hypocritical and I'm still getting partican crap from guys like Fenian, who apparently lives his life in a "right always bad, left always good" world. Meanwhile, I'm calling out the right on this one because there was no need to have scenes that didn't actually happen.

But feel free to ignore that.

Draft saved Draft deleted