1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stick that in your magic underwear

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Feb 24, 2012.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

IIRC, there's a tendency among trial lawyers -- Mormon or not -- in Utah to wear the garment (or some reasonable approximation) in front of juries. Every little bit helps, I guess ...

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

There are two types of styles for garment tops for guys, one with a crew neck and the other with a scoop neck. It's pretty obvious someone is wearing the scoop neck garment when they're wearing it with a white dress shirt. You really can't tell with the crew neck.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Stitch, I wonder if you can fill me in on this:

If Gov. Romney was to win the election, would he use the King James Bible for his swearing in? Or does he have to use the Book of Mormon?

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Obama didn't slip a Koran into his swearing-in ceremony, right?

If you are being serious, the LDS Church uses the King James Bible. The Church had commercials offering a free bible a few years ago that ran instead of the traditional Book of Mormon commercials.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Actually, I was. For a change!

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, will anything happen to Charles Blow or not?

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

He'll get a brief suspension and a warning to never do it again, under penalty of catapult.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Some people would find it amazing, but Sunday School course plans for teenagers and adults in the LDS Church rotate yearly among the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Old Testament, and New Testament.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Where's Science and Health, with Key to the Scriptures?

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Which is more interesting -- a no-name columnist talking about how durned special his children are ... or Mitt Romney's religion ...

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think Catholics are quite odd. The virgin birth, the infallible pope, the ritual sodomy of young boys by priests. And the fact that Hannity and O'Reilly are catholic makes Fox the catholic news network.

Oh yeah, the idol worshipping is creepy, too

Draft saved Draft deleted