1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stick that in your magic underwear

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Feb 24, 2012.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Do they eat a lot of Jell-O and does each family have a trampoline in the back yard?

[/moreMormonsterotypes]

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

If they were married in the Temple or have gone on missions, and are still active in the church, they wear garments.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I find it hard to believe Blow's going to get off scot-free on that one.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Blow does the obligatory next-day half-hearted apology.

http://jimromenesko.com/2012/02/24/charles-blow-my-romney-tweet-was-inappropriate/

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, they've done all of those things... I've honestly never asked and I don't know the rules are about when they have to wear it or not, but I've gone on vacation with them and stayed in their homes for weeks at a time and never saw anything... It doesn't mean it doesn't happen and I certainly never asked...

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You wear the garments all the time, even while sleeping, except for working out, swimming, showering/bathing, and sex.

7. Mizzougrad96

Again, I'm not 100 percent, but I would say with 98 percent certainty that they don't follow it that strictly. I had friends in high school who didn't follow that either...

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Honestly I has never heard of that before. Having now read about it, yes that comment is completely out of bounds and should be punished. If you make your living with words, you should know words matter.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

High schoolers don't wear garments. Church members start wearing garments when they go to the temple for the first time, which happens when they are about to leave on a mission or getting married. Those who join the church wait a year before going to the temple.

Weird that they wouldn't wear it all the time. I've never heard of anyone wearing garments on a part-time basis. It's either you wear them every day or not at all.

10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

IIRC, Steve Young once said in an interview that he wouldn't wear them when he was on the field since it restricted his movement, but wore them at all other times

11. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I didn't realize Van Heusen were magic

12. Mizzougrad96

I don't know the rules, but there are a lot of rules of a lot of religions that people don't follow to the letter of the law.

Maybe the Mormons who don't wear the underwear at all times will go to the same level of hell with the Catholics who use birth control. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted