1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stick a fork in McCain

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Aug 11, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

McCain won't make it to the caucus.

Huckabee second? Even with Rudy not there, it's a surprise.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Huckabee and Brownback both put everything they had into this. They were very afraid of finishing behind Ron Paul.

That said, not a good showing out of Rudy, even though his people weren't there.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Paging Jones. Jones, please report to the yellow courtesy phone.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I don't have anything to add about McCain, but does anyone else really enjoy the word "caucus" or is it just me?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There is a faint level of official dirtiness to it, yes.

7. Wouldn't you love to go to the caucuses in the Caucasus?
    If Obama wins, is he the Caucasian?
    Yes, I have been to an Irish festival where Guinness was provided.
    And McCain has been behaving like a political shit-for-brains since January 1, 2005, so this is no shock.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I don't think things look good for McCain, but making a big deal over a made-for-political junkies event is a bit much. McCain didn't really even participate in the thing...and it's silly. I think a couple of years ago, Steve Forbes won the deal because he spent so much money bringing busloads of people to participate in the poll. And we all know how well that turned out for the rich twit.
    The whole idea of Iowa and New Hampshire playing such a big role in determining the leader of the free world irks the everliving shit out of me. They're two rural states, with fairly small, mostly white populations. I think a state that better reflects the demographics of the U.S. should be more of a leader in the primaries...somewhere like Missouri, Georgia or Colorado.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'll repeat, McCain is probably dead, and if he is, it was well deserved. But John Kerry was deader than this 4+ years ago. Not likely to happen again because because this is a stronger field, he's so old, and it wasn't that likely the first time. But...

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

There was a time when McCain as an independent seemed like a great idea.

11. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

When was that? 3:06 pm on June 12, 2002?
    McCain is a political nut, despite the deep respect I have for his service.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

There was a time in which I would have quit my job to campaign for McCain.

Draft saved Draft deleted