1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stewie Griffin spoofs Bryan Adams

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bostonbred, Feb 16, 2009.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Get ready to feel. Next time I'm on a date, that's my line.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Meh. Both parts followed the usual Family Guy M.O., which is "a decent bit stretched WAAAAAAY too long." Ben's take is pretty accurate.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And the show's still a must-watch because when Seth hits it, he HITS it.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Surfin' Bird was The Stone Nuts, but this wasn't bad, at all.

5. Big Circus

Agreed, 100 percent.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My girlfriend hates it when the spoofs go on too long, though I think they are hilarious.

Just stumbled upon this one, which makes little to no sense to me, though I found it hilarious:

7. Big Circus

That's exhibit B of Family Guy's need for a filter. One, maybe two times was all that bit needed. Instead, we got five or six.

(Exhibit A, of course, is anything involving the giant chicken.)

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I'm not sure this Stewie spoof went on for too long. It was a full music video and was entertaining throughout with lots going on, not one of those annoying rambling ones with the characters stretching the dialogue.

And yes, Surfin' Bird is unquestionably up there. I even bought that one on iTunes. I liked how they did it so many times, but would always freshen it up some kind of reaction or twist.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah I hated "Bird is the Word." If I recall correctly, that WAS the entire episode, right?

The Adams video is one of the best things MacFarlene's ever done.

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

No, they had another entire plot where Peter met Jesus, who became a big star after walking on water in public.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wow, television's "top" animated comedy spoofing a 19-year old song with a montage that gets less laughs than The Passion of The Christ.

Proof that I was correct when I told my brother the other day that I don't watch Family Guy because it's really not that funny.

12. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Another one of my favorites from last night's episode:

Draft saved Draft deleted