1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stewart-CNBC feud

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I got my TiVo set to record this shit later. I'm more interested in the rerun of the Daily Show than anything i've seen all week. All month for that matter.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Stewart is a great, great, great interviewer. That people dismiss his show as a "variety show" misses the point completely.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Scarborough showed how cowardly he is by not mentioning a syllable of last night's bloodshed this morning.

4. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

BRUTAL.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Matthews, Olbermann or Madow don't mention the smackdown I think it will be clear that NBC suits put the kabosh on talking about the interview. Cramer bailed on an interview with Morning Joe and I haven't heard anything from NBC on the thing - which is odd, because they love talking about infighting at the RNC, Fox, The View and other areas of the political-media complex.

6. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

It was a smackdown. And I have no brief for Cramer. But this summed up my unease with the interview.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-6-the-fien-print/posts/2009-3-13-jon-stewart-vs-jim-cramer-well-earned-catharsis-or-pointless-bullying

8. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Or Hulu.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Or, I don't know, maybe the Comedy Central website.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That piece did make some decent points.

12. rjkarl

rjkarl New Member

Cramer was out of his league. WH Press Secretary mentioned it today at his briefing.

Draft saved Draft deleted