1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stewart-CNBC feud

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Mar 13, 2009.

1. lono

lono Active Member

Good stuff and spot on, too.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I didn't comment on what I think might be happening in the video. I commented on what I heard on the radio, which were clips from the show. Different medium, same topic. Or so I thought.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If this was a fight, it would have been stopped.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

yup... it was bloody and deservedly so...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

Oh almost kinda sorta felt sorry for Cramer. Not sure what he was expecting.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I don't.

Stewart had a ton of evidence--"Roll 210"--and instead of answering questions, Cramer tried to tap dance.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Was his beef with the hubbub or the "asshole"? The asshole has stated forever that there should be no corporate bailouts as well.

8. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I posted this on the Santelli thread, but I think it bears repeating:
    There were points at which I honestly thought Cramer was going to break down and cry. I am constantly amazed -- and impressed -- with how prepared Jon Stewart is with the guests on his show.
    Cramer is a prime example of someone who goes on a show with a "guy who sits around and makes funny faces" thinking he's going to dictate the interview, and gets completely annihilated by one of the smartest, savvy people on television.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Best line: "I understand you want to make finance entertaining, but it's not a fuckin' game."

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

What feud? That would imply that CNBC has even one arrow in its quiver. Cramer was way overmatched. Stewart has been hanging them with their own rope for the last week, like he did to those assholes on "Crossfire" on CNN.

My favorite early in the week was CNBC's claim that Stewart had taken things out of context, only to see the full clip prove beyond even a reasonable shadow of a doubt that he was: A) Spot-on, and B) they were much more douchebaggier than Stewart had hinted.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My only beef with Stewart is that he's way too smug.

Brilliant man and extremely funny.

I saw him doing stand-up very early in his career when his MTV show was on and you could see then just how smart the guy was.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Good line from Cramer's appearance on Martha Stewart.
    He asked if he should be worried and Martha told him yes.
    I don't think Cramer got the message.

Draft saved Draft deleted