1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stewart-CNBC feud

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Mar 13, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Anybody else been watching this develop this week? Here's a link that has a lot of the setup:

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/thebigblog/archives/163919.asp

Tonight Cramer, to his credit, came on and was both assertive and gracious. Personally he came off well. But Stewart destroyed him on the issues. Anybody who ever tries to write Stewart off as a comedian will be pointed to what happened tonight.

://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/12/jim-cramer-on-daily-show-_n_174503.html

Stewart knows his shit. In a way that should impress most journalists.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It was mentioned on the Daily Show-Santelli thread, but yes. I agree with you on the work Stewart does. He could do grip-and-grins...but he doesn't. Bless him for that, even if I rarely agree with him...I can appreciate what he does.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Cramer is a decent guy, but he's become a caricature. Cramer was just the punching bag for Stewart. My biggest surprise was Cramer's admission that he trusts what Wall Street people he knows tell him. You'd think a guy who realized he was being used like he was would be more pissed off at the people who used him, than those mocking him for being used. I imagine they're at DEFCon 1 at CNBC's offices. Wouldn't be surprised to see them add some new faces to the lineup, maybe even come clean on some of the stuff their people knew but didn't report on, akin to the mea culpas a lot of the papers in the South have done regarding their non-coverage of the Civil Rights struggles during the 1960s.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

On Stewart's beef with Cramer.....name me one "stock picker" -- or whatever Cramer is -- who made good on every pick. Everyone got killed, not just Cramer.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Did you watch the interview? Because that's not Stewart's beef with Cramer at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Uh, huh.

Well, the blame lay on everyone who was busily spinning bull stories over the airwaves late last summer, given a toppy market which had already reached heights few had expected, in their wildest dreams.

Call them irresponsible, or dancing to their masters' tune. Your choice.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Stewart's beef was the big hubbub over the asshole CNBC put on who bitched and moaned about homeowners having the audacity to seek help after their 401ks and savings were destroyed because they'd been fucked over by listening to ... the guys on CNBC.

8. JackReacher

So Stewart wasn't picking on the guy for telling everyone to buy into stocks that collapsed? No, I didn't watch it, but I heard a few clips on the radio, and that's what I took from it.

I could be an idiot, though. It's Friday and I care only about happy hour.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Watch the video.

10. JackReacher

Yes sir.

Actually, nah. I'll pass. Don't care enough.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Stewart absolutely destroyed Cramer and CNBC in that video. Never seen anything like it.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

All due respect, Ryan, but if you can't bother to watch what's being discussed, you probably shouldn't then comment on what you think might be happening in the video.

Draft saved Draft deleted