1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steven Seagal: Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RokSki, Feb 4, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't understand how Seagal got top billing with Kurt Russell for "Executive Decision" when he was killed about 20 minutes into it.

.... Just noticed Mizzou's post. That was 'Executive Decision' you're thinking of. And I totally agree on Hard to Kill, Above the Law and Under Siege. Other than those, well ... :-\

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The man always wore a long black leather jacket... and never took it off.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's because he wasn't in the last hour and a half.

4. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

My judo instructor recommended watching Seagal movies. He said he was a good example of using other people's body weight and force against them. So I watched "Hard to Kill," saw him use a gun in 90 percent of his scenes. Told my instructor I was going to quit his classes and buy a Glock.

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Because he was fat as a cow. :)

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

He still has amazingly fast hands, though. Even at his age and girth. And he is extremely efficient in his fights, with a lot of hand and wrist locks, and a lot of Akido techniques.

Whenever I slow down the frames to watch his moves, his hands are still 'blurry' in the slow-mo, demonstrating just how fast he still is.

Draft saved Draft deleted