1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steven Adler sighting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lamar Mundane, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Still showing the effects of heroin addiction on VH1 reality show with Ron Jeremy, Rob Van Winkle, Mini-Me. I love train wrecks.

Adler's appearance is a sad commentary on the state of reality shows more than the fact that the dude who played on Appetite for Destruction, now weighing 92 pounds with a full-pack of cigarettes, has popped up again.

Can't Axl just reunite with him when the Chinese Democracy tour starts in 2011?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I watch that show. He must be guest-starring this week, because he's not normally on it.
    CC Deville is. But not Adler. Weird.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He had a regular gig in Vegas a few years back... I think he was playing with a band called something like "The Steven Adler Experience"

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Was flipping through channels last night and came across this, and my first reaction was 'whoa, is that actually Steven Adler?'

Dude is seriously messed up. Sad really. He looked pathetic even in comparison to the other folks on that show.

If you're looking for someone to grab in a death pool, i think he'd give you as good a chance as anyone.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm watching this as I type this ... seeing Steven Adler like this is simply sad.

6. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

When I was in high school my metal head friends used to rip on him for his simple drum playing. But I thought it clicked perfectly with their music. The start to Paradise City rocks!

GnR wasn't the same with that tubby new guy they got for Use Your Illusion. He was plodding. (Although the start to You Could be Mine was cool.)

The old joke from Dennis Miller, I think, was "how screwed up do you have to be to get kicked out of Guns and Roses?" Apparently, the last 20 years or so haven't been kind.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Dennis Miller:

"Hey Slash, take a minute from injecting heroin into your cock and get over here. We're voting on whether or not to kick Steven out of the band. Yeah, he never brought the Tupperware back after that last gang bang at Duff's."

Draft saved Draft deleted