1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Wynn's take on the world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Jul 19, 2011.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

guess we'd have to look that up. either that or just say 'most' or majority when actually it isn't.

2. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Speaking of obscene profits...
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/21/us-ge-idUSTRE76K7FO20110721

Seeing as though GE is basically in Obama's pocket (or the other way around) and they paid virtually no taxes last year, how many of the friendly liberals on these boards would like to see GE punished? Talk about not paying your share...but, then again, they did have to ship all that campaign money to Obama and his minions.

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I don't care whose pocket they're in: GE should be paying its taxes.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Boycott?

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

This.

Capitalism IS the greatest system out there. But every time you have unfettered, unregulated capitalism running amok, the social and economic ramifications are horrific: the Gilded Age, the 1920s leading to the 1930s and what we're seeing now.

I have no idea why this is so hard to fathom.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's tough to avoid GE entirely (and that's no alibi . . . keep reading . . . ) but I'm happy to avoid supplying revenue flow to GE whenever possible, under current circumstances . . .

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

The reason GE paid no taxes was because of tax rules it helped write during the Bush administration. Nice try, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted