1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Wulf brings it with Herschel Walker trade anniversary story

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by goalmouth, Oct 9, 2014.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Beginning of the end for Vikings GM Mike Lynn. I recall Walker, in his first game for Vikings, having one massive run on which he inadvertently threw off one of his shoes. That was as good as it got for him there, IIRC.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

People forget how valuable an elite RB used to be. These days they're practically interchangeable and are rarely drafted that high and if they struggle for a year can be had for a second or third round pick.

I look at what teams had to trade to get guys like Faulk or Lynch. Then you see guys like Richardson (traded for a 1) who was supposed to be the best to come out in years, probably since AP, and he's been a disaster.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

30 for 30 had a thirteen minute show on the trade Tuesday night.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There is a lot of great sports writing out there right now. Probably more than there ever has been.

6. Morris816

Morris816 Member

I think Faulk made a lot of coaches and GMs rethink what made for a top running back. Faulk was not just a great downhill runner, but he excelled as a pass catcher. Most of the top backs in the NFL are good pass catchers.

Pass protection is the other think a back needs to be good at. Long story short: With the NFL currently a passing league, the best defenses have multiple players who are good at pass rushing to disrupt the QB, so the offense needs a back who can block pass rushers and pick up blitzes.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This doesn't fit with his old man yells at cloud attitude.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

There is a ton of garbage out there. Writing written for writers.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The Eric Dickerson trade was another big one

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24170850/remember-when-a-10player-trade-sends-eric-dickerson-to-colts

10. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

The Rams got a No. 2 and a No. 4 for Bettis, who had a lot of productivity left.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Most people though Bettis' best days were behind him, to the delight of my 1996 fantasy team.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Fixed that for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted