1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Williams: Phil Mick is a Prick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Childish I know, but...

Takes one to know one.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

My first thought when I saw the thread title.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

First it was ESPN vs. Cowboy Chris. Now Mick vs. Stevie. Did I miss the Opening Ceremonies of the Douchebag Olympics?

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Pot, kettle, etc., etc.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Steve Williams needs to line up the next putt and get the fuck outta the way.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, the ceremonial spraying of the Axe Body Spray has already been held.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Hey, Magilla Gorilla, thank you for your intelligent and candid thoughts. And we thought Tiger had you under a gag order.

Dumbass.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I wouldn't watch that video.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Excellent.

10. Notepad

Notepad Member

The fact that Williams makes a comment like this and is not immediately fired by Woods is a perfect microcosm for everything that has become wrong with modern day sports.

The sports world was a better place 50 years ago; when heroes were heroes, role guys were quietly role guys, and guys such as caddies wouldn't dare say something like this and become the story.

Fuck off Stevie and realize another man's ability to hit a ball made you known, not your ability to carry a bag.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I haven't covered a ton of golf, but on his worst day, Mickelson is better to deal with than Tiger at his best.

That might change if you're Fergie or Rick Reilly, but that's what I've seen during the 10 or so tournaments I've covered with both players.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Who?

Draft saved Draft deleted