1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Smith: Hall of Famer?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Aug 10, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You don't think I was accusing you of going back and changing the actual content in your posts, do you? That would be quite entertaining, to see you demonstrating your own illiteracy as you falsely accuse me of that same deficiency.

I'm saying you are lying about the intent of your posts. I did not expect you to be honest enough to admit as much. But hey, keep on dragging the thread up. It's fun to watch you expose your own hypocrisy.

2. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

You're delusional. No wonder LT is your hero.

3. outofplace

Translation: You've got nothing, but you couldn't just walk away.

Lawrence Taylor is no hero. He's a mess of a human being. He was one of the best football players I've seen. Compared to Urlacher he was a "Hyperion to a satyr" (I'm on a bit of a Shakespeare kick lately). but not a hero by any stretch.

4. YorksArcades

That's nice. And you couldn't have comprehended that point 7 pages ago?

5. outofplace

I comprehended that point years ago, back when he was still playing. It is your other points that deserved mockery and failed to hold up.

6. YorksArcades

And yet you have done little, other than concoct B.S., to prove that point. Also, how would you have known any of that before Urlacher had played a down in the pros? Further evidence that you aren't really worth an honest discussion, so it's time to stop trying.

Do you send letters to Mark Ingram in prison?

7. outofplace

You seem to be having some trouble reading posts clearly. I'm saying I knew even during Taylor's career that he was no hero. Some of his issues were already common knowledge long before his career ended.

That's funny. Now you think I'm a Giants fan?

8. YorksArcades

You'll take LBs who lean toward a life of crime for $400, Alex.

9. outofplace

The Ingram comment doesn't really fit in with that one.

I will admit one thing about Urlacher. My lasting image of him is one play, the very same play I think of with Jerome Bettis. That is kind of unfair, just like it is unfair that most people just remember Brian Bosworth for getting run over by Bo Jackson. Bosworth was actually a decent NFL player before injuries ruined his career.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Urlacher has eight Pro Bowl appearances, he was four-time First Team All-Pro, and he got to a Super Bowl. Smith has five Pro Bowls, two First Team All-Pro spots, and went to a Super Bowl. In addition, the Hall committee made Cris Carter wait for six years (eight Pro Bowls), so I think Urlacher will definitely go in before Smith. Was he more valuable and more deserving than Smith? I don’t know, but as a wise man once said, ‘deserve’ ain’t got nothing to do with it.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Steelers fans know football like Cubs fans know baseball.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Well now that it is official:
    1,031 catches (12th)
    14,731 yards (7th)
    81 TDs (tied for 25th)

Draft saved Draft deleted