1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Smith = carted off

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Weekly writer, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weekly writer

Weekly writer Member

SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) -- Carolina Panthers All-Pro receiver Steve Smith was carted off the field Saturday with a hamstring injury on the opening day of training camp.

Midway through the afternoon session, Smith pulled up while running a long route down the left sideline. He immediately clutched his left hamstring, took a couple of steps and fell to the ground.

Two trainers came to his side, and new teammate Keyshawn Johnson also came over to check on Smith, who slowly got to his feet after about a minute. He threw his gloves in anger, got onto the back of the cart and was brought inside.

This could be one of them things that lingers?!

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

As significant a non-QB injury that could happen to a team.

3. pittsburgie

pittsburgie Member

no Smith = no hope of Super Bowl

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

and fantasy drafts are changing their WR rankings

5. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

20 minutes after they reported this news on sirius, they backpedaled saying it was just a minor hamstring pull.

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Man, I hope it's not true. I've already got my $$ down on Carolina to win the SB.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

No such thing for a player such as Smith.

8. First day of practice and they carted him off?
    Tap's right. This is a big injury.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Holy shit, thanks weekly writer. My draft is coming up in a couple of minutes.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Not a good day for No. 1 receivers -- Philly's Reggie Brown also hurt his hamstring today.

12. Weekly writer

Weekly writer Member

The fact that he got so angry has me worried. Usually when you know it may be bad you get real pissed. Too early to tell tho. He could be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.