1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Largent's son arrested for sexual solicitation with minor

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jul 16, 2006.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

So, you're trying to work up board liberals, and at least two board liberals have posted to say there's no reason to get worked up.

Yes, your experiment is a smashing success . . . if you go by the George W. Bush grade curve.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Let's see: A Rush Limbaugh reference, a George Bush reference, a Bill Bennet reference, and a "family values" bon mot.

Easier to predict than the outcome of a Globetrotters game.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Sorry, still not worked up about Largent's son.

And I knew exactly what you were doing when I saw the original post -- this is the, what, fourth or fifth such thread? And people call Fenian a one-trick pony.

Guess the next time I'm in a thread and someone knee-jerkingly mentions Ted Kennedy, Michael Moore or "It depends on what the meaning of 'is' is," I'll pat myself on the back!

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Is that Poindexter, or Whineberger?

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I'm told that the family is pretty shocked about the whole deal, but dealing with it as best they can.

(In case you're wondering, Steve's dauther-in-law - Kyle's wife - was in our wedding. I'm all about transparency.)

Draft saved Draft deleted