1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Jobs to J Student: Please Leave Us Alone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Sep 21, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Because it's more than three times better than a piece of shit PC.

Perhaps a few extra shifts at McDonald's and you'll be able to find out for yourself.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Three times better? Yeah...not so much if you know what you're doing when buying and taking care of a PC.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The average Mac scores about a 2.3 multiplier in VORC over alternatives. Nowhere close to 3.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Bought my iMac in October 2007 for $1200.

Just replaced a logic board. Add $775. Call it $2,000 total.

Wife bought PC in October 2008 for $500.

Having a few virtual memory issues that she can't quite figure out, but then, she has tons more stuff saved on her machine than I do.

I'm not feeling too great about my purchase, to be honest.

5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

My guess is inexperience. Should've just fired off the Qs after a brief, "I've tried going through the PR dept and haven't gotten a response" statement.

6. JimmyOlson

JimmyOlson Member

Frantic, that's my point (my fault for not making it clearly). This is a chance for her to learn. Lots of valuable lessons here - go where the story takes you, don't hem yourself in; recognize a good story when it jumps out at you; be careful what you ask in an e-mail, (aka ask your questions, don't bring up the PR department's failings, because that's what the person will answer); never rely on one source for a story; a no comment/never returned phone calls or emails is, in a way, a comment.

I sincerely hope she learns them, rather than just coasts on the 15 minutes of fame. I hope there's someone there to help her learn these lessons. She's young and learning. We all were. No harm in that. Just hope she doesn't stay that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted