1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Jobs to J Student: Please Leave Us Alone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/apple-ceo-steve-jobs-liu-student-chelsea-kate/story?id=11686415

This kind of thing makes me crazy.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Awesome.

What's cooler? Getting a slightly better grade on one assignment (and I doubt the grade really hinged on that) or being able to say you got into a flame war with Steve Jobs?

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I simply don't understand the love Apple gets. Plus, Jobs comes off, again, as a total dick. I suppose the two statements don't have anything to do with each other. But to me, his attitude is something I associate with the company, right or wrong, and often not in a good way. Fuck, he's a computer seller, not God.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Methinks Jobs needs to stop answering emails.

I understand where he's coming from, but Holy crap does he look like a colossal douche.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

when you're a gajillionaire and know you will only continue to get richer no matter who you piss off, you get to do pretty much what you want

6. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

But isn't she lazy if she's counting on only Apple as a source for her story? If Apple won't get you info, go find someone who can provide it. There are thousands of sources on the IPad's usage in academia. Dig a little bit.

Isn't our whole profession about sidestepping blockades to info needed?

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Bernstein: "Woodward, the story is dead."

Woodward: "What? Why?"

Bernstein: "John Mitchell was so rude. Told me to leave him alone."

Woodward: "Fuck. That's it, then."

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I love that Jobs parries with some college student but stones ABC News.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Brian & BTE: She's a student, guys. A college senior. She's not lazy - She's learning.

After this incident, it will occur to her -- it didn't matter that she didn't get the quote -- she had a hell of a better story. Hopefully her professor can show her how to write that story.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Girl's a lazy, entitled bitch. Whhhhhaaaaaaah, I can't get an A if you don't answer my email! It's your fault I will get a bad grade.

She's so stupid she doesn't even recognize the real story is her exchange with Jobs rather than a canned quote from a PR department. She might get a B! But, dummy, you have an actual news story that you don't even know what the fuck to do with.

Good for Steve Jobs.

Get in the real world, idiot girl.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Or recognizing when the story goes another direction, i.e. when the CEO responds like a jerk in an e-mail. Write that.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Easy there, fella.

Draft saved Draft deleted