1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Irwin, did you ever see a photo of him not in that khaki uniform?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I've been thinking about how difficult it would be to pull that off.... Every second of your life wearing the same thing.

Can you think of anyone else who wore the same thing every time you saw them?

Teller not speaking is another case. I've never heard that guy talk. Obviously, that's easy if he is a mute in actuality.

Just random shit I was thinking about.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I don't remember ever seeing Charlie Brown in anything but that yellow shirt with the brown zig-zaggy stripe ...., uh, Charlie Brown.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Teller actually does talk. I've heard him give a couple interviews -- for stuff like Biography. The mute thing -- if that's the right thing to call it -- is just a stage persona.

4. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Trying to figure out if either Irwin or Teller would have lasted long with the other guy's gimmick. Penn and his assistant, who always wears khaki shorts, or the crazy Australian wildlife expert who never speaks.

Come to think of it, I've never seen Teller in khakis, and can't remember a time when Irwin wasn't talking.

5. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

Random note: I went to a Penn and Teller show in Vegas last year, and afterwards both of them stand outside the show and greet visitors, take photos, etc. Over and over again, you'd hear people saying, "Teller talks! He talks!"

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Imagine Tom Landry all decked out in the NFL licensed gear they make coaches wear today.

Would be very weird.

8. joe

joe Active Member

'Specially since he's, well, still dead.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Dead or alive, they'll pry his hat out of his cold, dead hands.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

My geography professor. Every day. Khacki pants. Blue button up long sleeve shirt. In class and around town. He acknowledged he did this because it made shopping easier.

My great uncle. Every day I've ever known him. (He is quite eccentric and quite possibly autistic.) Light blue short sleeve button up shirt. Navy blue long pants. For years my mother would buy him different types of shirts as gifts, and she'd never see them again. She eventually started buying the blue shirts.

11. I hear he occasionally wore a wet suit.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Fenian, my dear, I'm so glad we'll get to spend eternity together in hell.

Draft saved Draft deleted