1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Grogan's revenge: 2015 NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Finally, football season is here.

Under the "Haters gonna Hate banner" the NFL on NBC opens with SJ.com's favorite anti-heroes The Pittsburgh Steelers playing the NFL version of the Galactic Empire The New England Patriots.
    The Steelers are large underdogs in this one. No surprise given Brady's mastery against all things NFL, including the Steelers, against whom he's 7-2. In the last meeting, The Pats set a ton of offensive records against a Pittsburgh defense that surrendered 55 points.
    Will tonight be any different? Maybe... Aside from Brady, the Patriots offense is lacking a lot of weapons. But they still have Gronk and Edelman. And the Steelers defense - especially the secondary - is ... Putrid?
    But the 'Burgh should be able to score. A lot. Even without Bell and Bryant, the Steelers counter with a capable back in DeAngelo Williams and several decent-to-quality WRs to compliment Antonio Brown.
    I'll take the over (52).

Do I think the Steelers win? No. This will kick off a season where they struggle to get to 9-7. In fact, 8-8 may be a safe bet. But I think they cover the 7-point spread.

I like the Dolphins and Bengals, Chargers and Cowboys.

[​IMG]
    Let the Games begin!

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm taking the over on NFL week 1 threads.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

6. I looked. I swear.
    I thought we had one. I did a search and the 2014 thread came up.
    Oh well.

Ok, I still don't see it.
    If I click on the link posted in this thread, its there. If I am searching for it on the Sports and News boards, its nowhere to be found. I've had this issue before - where I can't see certain threads on these boards for whatever reason - I've reported it to Jeff, but he's never found a reason or a cause.

7. I just posted on the Week 1 thread. ... I still can't see the thread on the Sports and News board.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I'm fine with two threads.

I have the opening Sunday off for the first time in 5 years. Unfortunately, the Bears play the Packers. That makes me a little less excited.

But it's still a day of NFL, and I've got the Red Zone. Oh, happy day.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If we can confine oop to one of the two threads, this could be a workable strategy going forward.

SnarkShark, old_tony, Batman and 7 others like this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thank you for the invitation to post on both threads. That will help me to overcome my laziness.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I honestly think I would rather have the RedZone than the Sunday Ticket. It's just so fucking awesome and so well done. Whatever you do, you have to be watching when the 1 p.m. games start to wind down and 2-3 games are coming down to the wire. And the host is so great at what he does.

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What will piss me off the most tonight is the Steelers basically used three #1 picks to address the fucking Pats and Gronk. Two fuckers to get to Brady and one fucker to matchup with Gronk. We'll see what happens.

Draft saved Draft deleted