1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steve Czaban radio show cancelled By FSR... SAS replaces... Czabe to SNR

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Nitin

Nitin New Member

Re: Steve Czaban radio show cancelled on Fox Sports Radio. SAS to replace.

For those of you in the know or in the industry, what are the odds that Czabe gets picked up by Sporting News Radio or starts a show like Dan Patrick did? Does he have enough of a following?

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

You might take a nip if you had to deal with the Mikes on a regular basis.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Petros' delivery is so rough it drives you nuts, screeching and interrupting. But if you actually listen to what he has to say, he is very good.
    Money is a brainiac who really knows his shit, too. When they get silly, it is bad, but their analysis is very good.
    There is another local guy in L.A. named Lee Klein, who is from NY/NJ area. I regard him the same as Petros, delivery awful, what he is actually saying, very good. If you would have told me that I would spend more than five seconds listening to a New York Jew lecturing me on sports, I would say you're nuts. But I broke through his delivery and listened to what he was saying and decided that I agreed with most of it.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Probably not enough of a following, but that's not his fault. He hasn't tried to position himself as a "brand" like Patrick, to the point of being a self-indulgent gasbag.

Patrick's show, with the frat-boy "Danettes" (his term), is beyond dreadful to me.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

LOL - Lee Klein has been in So Cal for maybe 15+ years on countless radio station, and to my knowledge, never had a prime spot. Always fill in. And I like him.

Does he have a regular gig now?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is Tony K back on the radio?

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, Tony K's been back on radio for about 2-3 months. He's on ESPN 980 in D.C. with Czabe and John Thompson. Tony has the morning slot.

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Tony K's show is available for download on iTunes.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just had a listen of Chris Meyers show on FSR. Below awful. Bunch of guys trashing women, and not doing it well.
    FSR has always seemed like it caters to the mullett wearing torn off sleeves crew, while ESPN skews to the Dockers crowd.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I stumbled on Klein again recently. He is on the Angels/Ducks station, KLAA/830. He finishes at 1 a.m., not sure when he starts, 9 or 10 p.m. I also think he has a politics-oriented show somewhere, perhaps weekend mornings, not sure what station.
    I know he has been out here for quite awhile, but he still has the whiny New Yorker in him.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I listen occasionally to that show in the afternoon. Over the last year or so, Myers has really made a shift from basic sports commentary to a more right-wing political slant.
    I wasn't a fan even before that. His rambling, 45-second interview questions were painful to hear. But if I want political commentary I'll switch over to Rush or Hannity (who seems to be obsessed with the Tiger Woods story lately).
    Sports and politics should not mix. When they do, the host invariably ends up looking stupid -- on either side.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Could be. He's on the air with his local show right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted