1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steubenville-like case with worst ending: Girl's suicide linked to rape, photos

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

I shall do as I will

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

and i shall dismiss you.

3. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

And this should trouble me? Because it doesn't.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Board pissing matches aside, Anonymous takes two hours to apparently locate two of the suspects. Canadian authorities failed to ever locate a suspect.

http://rt.com/news/canadian-teen-rape-case-reopened-791/

5. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

A perfect illustration of what is wrong with the world.

1) Parents didn't have an accountability system in place to check their 15-YEAR-OLD from going to parties where alcohol is served. Where was she after the party? Spending the night with a friend? If she came home in this condition, shouldn't they have noticed something?

2) Slime like these young men walk our streets and attend our schools.

3) Facebook and twitter.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

RCMP is a joke. This is another example of their ineffectiveness as a police service.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Don't know if anyone watches The Good Wife, but they had a ripped-from-the-headlines episode last night following along the lines of Steubenville case. Anonymous were the heroes and depicted as such.

I have to say, their social conscience has held up pretty well so far -- to my knowledge they have really only gone after people who deserve to be gone after.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

15 year olds have been sneaking booze and into parties since booze was invented.

Slime like these have always walked our streets

Facebook and twitter are fairly new. Gossip is centuries old.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Follow-up story says the three were football players, and although they weren't kicked off the team, none played in a game during the 2012 season. Also the initial charges were a misdemeanor citation for sexual assault -- I was unaware that it could even be a misdemeanor and handled so cavalierly.

Draft saved Draft deleted