1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steroids in baseball question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

You don't know <i>what?</i>

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean by 'none of us' are in the 'industry,' but I'm pretty sure I disagree. The baseball industry? Media? I promise you there are plenty of us who get it.

3. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Anything useful.
    Stare into the sports abyss, and I believe there is only two things that will glare back.
    A) You're on naivete.
    B) The reality that it's a business, and any edge, even if you get caught, is worth the cost. What's the penalty? Get caught and lose 50 games? Don't get caught and make an extra $10 million a year. I'll take the chances and $10 million. Oh, you can miss the Hall of Fame, although probably only in baseball. Football? The path to glory has been drug fueled.

4. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

The drug industry. If you're not in it, you know the history of drugs in sports (maybe), but certainly not its present or future.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

OK, Reverend, the pulpit is yours.

(Someone with more patience than I can drag this back to some measure of rationality).

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Kleeda.....you're saying that players took steroids to get an edge, and by getting that edge.....they'll get paid more money? I've stared into the sports abyss, and I never realized that.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

you don't need to know the drug industry, nobody is expecting to anybody to be experts, but sportswriters should know the basics. HGH and how it's detected are pretty basic.

Draft saved Draft deleted