1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steroids dealer to name names, according to cnnsi.com

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jboy, Aug 22, 2007.

1. jboy

jboy Guest

Usual disclaimer: If this is a DB, sorry.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/08/21/radomski.mitchell2/index.html

From the story:

Kirk Radomski, the former Mets clubhouse attendant who admitted selling steroids to scores of major leaguers, recently has provided names of users in a meeting with baseball's lead steroid investigator, George Mitchell, SI.com has learned.

Radomski, awaiting federal sentencing after pleading guilty to distributing steroids to "dozens of major leaguers,'' quietly met with Mitchell and provided names of former steroid clients, sources said. Radomski's plea and agreement to cooperate has been seen by some MLB people as baseball investigators' big break in the case, and indications are that he was the star witness they hoped for.

One person familiar with some of Mitchell's findings said people are going to be "very surprised'' by how much Mitchell has learned about baseball's steroid past...

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

This story moved on the AP wire early last night

3. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

This is such a d_b that a "jboy" could soon earn its place in the SportsJournalists.com lexicon, too. ;)

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, it's not surprising that he talked. It was part of the plea agreement months ago -- that he would help out George Mitchell. The BALCO idiots get all the media attention because of Barry Bonds, but this was the guy that Jeff Novitzky, who made the BALCO case, quietly made a case against, too. For all the unsubstantiated allegations he has taken on this board from creamora and others, Novitzky sure has managed to get a lot of felony convictions of various drug dealers.

5. jboy

jboy Guest

Read my disclaimer!

I still don't see a previous thread in either forum. Unless it's titled something ambiguous like, "Hey, look at this" or "This is really something!".

6. Ragu --
    Jeff Novitzsky is a bit of an obsessive.

7. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

You would be praising that obsessiveness if it was directed at your "favorite" pols, FB :)

8. Apparently jboy doesn't read the AP wire before he goes to bed. Loser.

9. When that happens, give me a call.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Maybe he didn't work last night. I know this story was news to me. Of course, I didn't work last night.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Well, I'd just as soon this be out in the open.

On the other hand, I better be careful what I wish for here. I don't want to be the only one in the stands on Opening Day. :)

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A huge obsessive, I think... Still has gotten what, four or five felony convictions from the two investigations? I'd guess if you are dealing steroids, you don't want to become one of his obsessions.

Draft saved Draft deleted