1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stern block Chris Paul trade to Lakers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Dec 8, 2011.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Complete crap. Yes I'm a Lakers fan but WTF. Odom and Gasol traded. Again, complete garbage.

2. derwood

derwood Active Member

NHLPA tried to get Scott Stevens arbitration ruling overturned and failed.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They can't just stack the Lakers, though. They get accused of it all the time anyway and with fairly good reason, the Pau Gasol trade being one recent example. So now who's to say the Lakers came up with the best offer? Point being there is no way the NBA can be evaluating trades like that for fairness to all and as an interested party.

Imagine if Selig had changed the balance of power in the league when MLB ran the Expos. There would have been a riot on the Internet.

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

This a big step in the right direction. The NBA can't undue all the wrong it has done in recent years with their thug/gang banging/controlling baby players but this should send a message that this crap will not fly anymore. The NBA is a horrible product and if they allowed this sort of thing it would ruin it even further which almost seems impossible to begin with. Most of the players belong in a jail cell basketball league anyway.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Boy, we've sure missed you.[/BLUE!]

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Please crawl back into the hole you came out of.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Problem with that theory is the Hornets were gonna lose Paul at the end of the season anyways. Last year of his contract, remember? He's not re-signing with New Orleans and won't be part of the package when the franchise gets sold regardless.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Seriously how is this stacking?

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The fact that douchebags like this hate the NBA makes me feel better about liking the NBA. What a cretin.

10. derwood

derwood Active Member

NHL also voided original Ziggy Palfy trade to Rangers.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This made me laugh.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I, for one, am completely stunned that the NBA Commissioner would be publicly interfering with the competitive workings of the league.

Usually he conducts his conspiracies with a little more discretion.

Draft saved Draft deleted