1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stephen A. Smith Speaks Out On ESPN Cancellation And Buzz Dissinger

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by phawker, Jan 12, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Throw em into the pit, a la Two Tribes.

2. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

damn that's hilarious! that's like Glass Joe fighting the Princess from Super Mario Bros.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Ah, just the way your mother likes it, Trebek!

4. vin1284

vin1284 New Member

I hope people trashing the show actually looked at the content, because from what I watched, it was a decent and needed show and he had great guests, he connected with them, touched on issues that were important and had great takes. Some of you hate him for the sake of hating him

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Needed!?! Needed!?! You can't be serious. The last thing TWWL "needs" is yet another show featuring yammering talking heads.

6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Nope. Wrong. I hated the show, because it was contrived and formulaic (as I stated, above).
    And, I'm apparently not the only one.
    Right now, he and I have the same number of talk shows running on ESPN2.

(In addition, I hated the title and the repetitiveness of the phrase. It's a cliched preface or qualifier. It's a superfluous colloquialism. Iritating and grating.)

Other than that, I think it was "needed." ;)

7. i agree. I don't particularly care for Stephen's style, but every time I popped in on this, he had a quality guest, he was asking good and often tough questions, and he was getting guys to talk

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people who blast the show never watched it

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or, it's possible we watched it. Maybe even watched it repeatedly, hoping it would improve.

9. Gee, this is really incorrect.

10. lono

lono Active Member

And I sense that your parents are cousins if you believe someone with one post could merit resident dickhead status. That requires at least 5,000 posts.

Haven't you read the SportsJournalists.com bylaws?

11. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Exactly. Under 5,000 posts earns one only transient dickhead status.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The design failed to lure in viewers.

Draft saved Draft deleted