1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stephen A. Smith Speaks Out On ESPN Cancellation And Buzz Dissinger

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by phawker, Jan 12, 2007.

1. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Dude, that's essentially a press release. A bunch of say-nothing bullshit. Not a scoop. And where, exactly, did he "respond" to Buzz Bissinger?

2. Jesus Christ. Trying to navigate that site gave me a fucking migraine.

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

The show was misconceived. It put Stephen A. in the position of being an interviewer/host, neither of which is his strength. He would have been much better in a show that somehow turned the PTI formula on its head, wherein he would have been allowed to be opinionated and interesting. Someone who is an interviewer/host ought to be, quite frankly, funnier. I wish him the best in whatever is next for him.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Reruns of Fitness Beach would get double the numbers SAS did.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

A man and a dog walk into a bar and sit at the bar. Bartender asks, "What'll you have?" The dog says "I'll have a Budweiser and a bowl." The stunned bartender fills the order, then says to the man, "There'll be no charge for his beer, what'll you have?"

The dog says, "He can't talk. Give him a Michelob."

At closing time, the bartender says, "I'll give you $5,000 for that dog."

The dog says, "I'm a ventriloquist and I need him when we're on stage."

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Quite Frankly is cancelled?!?!?!?!

Let us rejoice! Let us be glad!

7. everybody in the biz loves trashing Stephen A.

anybody ever watch the show?

he actually developed into a very good interviewer. he got people to speak honestly. he connected with most of his guests. and he got great guests

the guy wasn't bad at all

8. phawker

phawker New Member

Ike,
    I sense from your remarks that you are the board's resident dickhead. Keep up the good work.
    yer pal
    Phawker

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Bring back the NHL!

10. Frank_Ridgeway

Since Ike has only one post, your powers of observation do not seem especially keen.

11. Frank_Ridgeway

A blind man walks into the bar with his dog, starts swinging the dog by the tail. Bartender says, "What the hell are you doing?" Blind man says, "Taking a look around."

12. I was going to post something to that effect, but given the fact that I only have 60 posts myself, I decided to exercise some restraint. Glad someone noticed, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted