1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stephen A.'s take on Fantasy Football- only white nerds play

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ashy Larry, Aug 31, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ralph Wiley.

Which was not a fair trade.

2. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Stephen A. Smith is a fool, but I almost see how his mind's working. Since ESPN has zero credibility with me in the first place (proven by rolling out one-trick pony Chris Berman as well the brilliant "analysts" they use such as Skip, J. Hill along with an assortment of ex-athletes who have no business expressing their opinions), on top of their valuable contributions to sports journalism (Titletown USA, First and 10, Stump the Schwab, My Wish, etc.), Stephen A. is thinking, "Hey, no one's really held accountable here, and they pay these people boatloads to be ignorant, why shouldn't I get mine?!"

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Damn..... skillfully put forth.

Sad.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's no way to talk about Jesus.

5. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

My thinking: Smith is actually kind of a dweeb, isn't quite as cool or successful with targeted ladies as he feels that a man of his media stature should be -- most people who've ever seen him on TV, in person, in print, whatever, can vouch to why men or women would be nonplussed by him. Therefore, he chooses to lash out at a group of supposed nerds in hopes of making himself more "pimp" or whatnot.

I don't think he's racist. I just think he wishes he was cooler than he is.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

I don't know about you guys, but, to me, nothing says cool like Cheez Doodles.

7. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Surely you don't think posting such nonsense is a wise decision?

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It really isn't. I'll just go back to my doodling.

9. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Fuck, SAM, just call me a damn nerd.

Yeah, I am black and yeah, I have played fantasy sports since Boomer Esiason was my first pick in 1989. I play because I love the challenge and the friends that I have made from it over the last two decades. I also love the fact I've made a nice grip of WAM off it as well, including down payment on a car.

So, SAM, if I am a nerd, then I'm a proud one. In that case, you kiss my black ass.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

THIS WILL NOT END WELL!!!!

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Well, I am a fantasy baseball and football player, and if that's something that Stephen A.
    Smith (as in SAS, specifically, solely, referring to no one else) has no interest in, then that's one more reason I'm happy to be a part of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted