1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stephanie Miller on MSNBC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, May 1, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Taking the place of Imus apparently. She's quite a looker!

I've never heard her show. I've heard she's a southpaw. What do you all think?

2. She's the lefty daughter of William Miller, Goldwater's VP candidate in 1964.
    Runs a funny radio show and has managed to find an audience, so she never got hired at Air America.
    But, god, do I hate the idea of televising talk-shows.

3. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

I'm all for televising talk-shows. I wish ESPN would put Dan Patrick on TV.

Stephanie Miller is cute, indeed. Not sensational, but pretty damn sexy.

4. W-B --
    Boy, do I not get the appeal.
    (of televised talk-shows, not la Steph.)

5. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Love her...catch her radio/TV appearances when I can.

She said she is only doing the MSNBC thing through Wednesday this week. After that, probably some loud obnoxious idiot who cheers for the political right.

My only complaint was Miller had MSNBC anchor Contessa Brewer on with her. Brewer is an airhead -- and it shows, and she proves it every time she opens her mouth.

But I was glad to see Miller, nonetheless.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This thread...useless...pictures...you know the drill.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Oh I remember her. She used to have some late night shows ona few years back didn't she?

8. She did.
    She also used to be on "Equal Time" with Bay Buchanan, Pat's sister, which was one of CNBC's failed experiments.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

She's no Amy Robach.

[​IMG]

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Stephanie's show is great. I listen to at least some of her every morning.

Producer bugs me ("Oh my god!!!"), but the other guy, Jim Ward, is a fabulous impressionist with an understated sense of timing.

It's a little irrelevent sometimes, but that beats all the feigned "outrage" on the other right- and left-wing shows. Stephanie's group pokes fun at everything and everybody, including themselves.

And the fact that she's the daughter of Bill Miller and knows how good the Republican party used to be gives her a boost of credibility in my eyes.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Nor Michelle Malkin or Adam Coulter.

I haven't heard Stephanie's radio show, but Air America should've hired her instead of Franken.

Draft saved Draft deleted